Sailor's Rest Lounge Bar & Restaurant, part of St Raphael Resort & Marina is looking for a new associate for the position of Head Waiter to grow with us.
The Head Waiter will ensure the smooth running of the Restaurant, he/she will make sure that all food and beverage products are served promptly and in the most efficient and effective manner. He/she will deliver the highest possible standards of service to guests, through continuous training. The Head Waiter A will also be pro-active in maintaining and/or improving the Restaurants’ profitability in accordance with hotel policies, procedures and standards.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- To deputize for the Restaurant Manager, in his absence.
- To ensure the daily supervision of all subordinates ensuring that their actions, duties and opening and closing duties are carried out in accordance with the pre-set procedures.
- To demonstrate thorough knowledge and ability in the execution of the service steps (following the sequence of service) during operational hours.
- To sense guest needs and quickly respond to maximum satisfaction.
- To co-ordinate resources and ensure that ‘special events’ are efficiently organized.
- To understand and ensure his subordinates understand the ingredients, origins, combinations, methods of preparation, presentation and service of all food products, drinks, wines, cocktails and cigars served.
- To ensure his subordinates and team members confidently merchandise all food, drinks, specialty drinks, cocktails, cigars and special features, using “up-selling skills” and follow the method actively.
- To participate in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in each other’s welfare, safety and development.
- To understand and adhere to the Hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety, Cleanliness and the Environment.
- To ensure that all team members are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in the terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and Hotel policies and procedures.
- To participate in the building of an efficient team, by taking an active interest in each other’s welfare, safety and development.
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English is essential. Other languages are considered an additional advantage.
- Three years experience in similar work/position.
- Holder of an EU passport is essential.
- Pleasant and friendly personality, fair, honest reliable and polite.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
- Very good supervisory and communication skills.
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Ability to cope under pressure and deliver excellent service results in a high-paced luxury environment.
- Competitive salary according to skills and experience.
- Strong collaborative and professional development environment