The new members of the Kitchen will be responsible to plan, prepare, and cook food ensuring the highest quality service and experience to the customer. They will be responsible to keep the kitchen organized and running efficiently. To ensure proper food handling, sanitation, hygiene and following food storage procedures. Cook will prepare food based on pre-set recipes and on the instructions of his/her superiors, in the most efficient and effective manner. He/she will deliver the highest possible standards of quality food and presentation.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Produce high-quality hot and cold foods according to recipes developed by the Executive Chef. To organize all food prep stations ensuring a smooth and efficient flow in the kitchen.
- To ensure that the inventory of supplies is completed regularly, and items required are in-stock.
- Has the ability to prepare ala carte requested food items as needed to meet special guest dietary requirements.
- Ensures all service lines are replenished as needed on an ongoing basis.
- To demonstrate thorough knowledge and ability in the prompt execution of all pre-set recipes, follow the service steps, speed of service, standards and all produce quality.
- To sense guest needs and quickly respond to maximum satisfaction.
- Prepares all stations and ensures the kitchen is clean and ready for the next shift. Communicate clearly if any kitchen or menu items are running low and need to be ordered.
- Ensures deliveries are stored in a timely manner, in their proper place
- Ensures all kitchen areas are kept organized and clean, including storage shelves, hallways, work surfaces, and coolers.
- To ensure a safe workplace by identifying hazards and taking corrective action and to instruct employees on specific safe work practices (e.g. use of proper clothing, clean as you go, etc).
- Establishes and maintains effective employee and inter-departmental working relationships.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must speak and write Greek and English very well.
- Culinary school diploma will be considered as an advantage.
- Minimum of two years’ experience
- Holder of an EU passport is essential.
- Pleasant and friendly personality, fair, honest reliable and polite.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
- Very good communication skills.
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Ability to cope under pressure, delivering excellent service results in a high-paced luxury environment.
- Competitive salary according to skills and experience.
- Strong collaborative and professional development environment.
If this sounds like you please fill the form below.
All applications will be treated with strictly confidence. CVs and personal data will keep secured and will only be stored for current or future employment purposes.
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered and contacted.