The Pastry Cook A prepares pastries and desserts as specified by the Pastry Chef and the pre-set recipes, in the most efficient and effective manner. He/she will deliver the highest possible standards of quality food, presentation and service through the effective management of equipment and provisions.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- To participate in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in each other’s welfare, safety and development.
- To ensure the smooth operation of the pastry with the aim of producing and providing pastry items for all the Hotel’s outlets at the pre-set standards, before opening times and during service.
- Review production schedules to determine the variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities
- Prepare designated pastry items according to established recipes
- Receive ingredients and other supplies from the main kitchen and/or pantry as required for daily operations.
- To be fully responsible for the station and the products that are assigned to them.
- Assist the Chef in making recipes and maintaining up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Pastry and other Food and Beverage operations.
- Prepare a wide variety of pastry goods, following traditional and modern recipes.
- Guidance and motivate Pastry Assistants to work more efficient.
- Maintain up to date knowledge about pastry arts and ingredients
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Report to the Chef for any Deficiencies that are observed.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must speak and write Greek and English very well.
- Culinary school diploma will be considered as an advantage.
- Minimum of three years’ experience
- Holder of an EU passport is essential.
- Pleasant and friendly personality, fair, honest reliable and polite.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
- Very good communication skills.
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Ability to cope under pressure, delivering excellent service results in a high-paced luxury environment.
- Competitive salary according to skills and experience.
- Strong collaborative and professional development environment
If this sounds like you please fill the form below.
All applications will be treated with strictly confidence. CVs and personal data will keep secured and will only be stored for current or future employment purposes.
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered and contacted.