The Restaurant Manager will primarily be responsible to plan, organize, direct and control the operation of Golden Monkey Authentic Thai Restaurant, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction according to the company standards. He/She should ensure that the restaurant runs smoothly and in the most efficient and effective manner. He/she will also ensure that guests receive the highest possible standards of service and he/she will be responsible for the effective development and management of the department’s human resources, equipment and provisions. In addition, he/she will be pro-active in maintaining and/or improving the Restaurant profitability in accordance with Resort’s policies, procedures and standards.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- To ensure guest satisfaction through consistent supervision, self-motivation, example and discipline.
- To motivate employees to the highest degree and ensure that food and beverage quality standards are always met.
- To attend to guests’ problems, if within scope, and report other to management immediately.
- To ensure that all mise-en-place is continually checked and kept in quality order.
- Promote the brand in the local community through various selling techniques and promotions, word-of-mouth and restaurant events.
- To ensures that drinks and cocktails are prepared according to original recipes.
- To be responsible for the preparation and control of the requisitions from the storeroom.
- To prevent and solve issues that exist among the department’s employees in close coordination with the HR Manager.
- To train and educate the department’s employees so that everybody offers a consistent standard of service.
- To act as the connecting link between the employees and the Top Management.
- To participate at the end of every month, in the monthly "stock taking" with the hotel's storeroom employee at all the hotel's outlets and bars.
- To strive to meet the projected sales targets every month and to closely monitor and control the cost and expenses.
- To prepare employee evaluations on a regular basis and to develop promising employees, recognise and recommend promotions, transfers and training.
- To attend regular F&B and other meetings as required.
- To recruit and train staff to provide up to company´s high standards service to guests in coordination with the F&B & HR Managers.
- To ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in the terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and Resort policies and procedures.
- To make sure that all restaurant manuals and standard operating procedures are prepared and always updated.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and striving to increase repeat business..
- To identify market needs for both, hotel guests and the local market.
- To report for duty punctually, follow the Restaurants grooming standard.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues, and all other departments.
- To ensure his subordinates and team members confidently merchandise all food, drinks, speciality drinks, cocktails, using “up-selling skills” and follow the method actively.
- To have a complete understanding of the hotel's employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within.
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Environment, Health and Safety.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Hotel Management or related field from a university or Hotel Management School will be consider as strong advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in managerial positions in the field of Food and Beverage.
- Must speak and write Greek and English very well.
- Very good organisational and communication skills with high level of responsibility, initiative and judgement.
- Pleasant and friendly personality, fair, honest reliable and polite.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a high-level attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
• Very competitive salary according to skills and experience.
• Five-days working per week
• Paid annual leave
• Provision of 13th salary
• Strong collaborative and professional development environment
If this sounds like you please fill the form below.
All applications will be treated with strictly confidence. CVs and personal data will keep secured and will only be stored for current or future employment purposes.
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered and contacted.