St Raphael Resort & Marina is looking for a new associate to join our Management Team as an Executive Chef and grow with us.
The Executive Chef ensures the smooth running of all Kitchens’ operations, in the most efficient and effective manner. He/she will deliver the highest possible standards of food quality, presentation and service through the effective development, training, management and leadership of all kitchens’ human resources, equipment and provisions. He/she will be pro-active in maintaining and/or improving the department profitability in accordance with Resort’s policies, procedures and standards.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- To implement and train the correct hotel service standards, monitor and thrive for continuous improvement.
- To project a positive, professional, and friendly image to the guests and employees.
- To ensure a safe workplace by identifying hazards and taking corrective action and to instruct employees on specific safe work practices.
- To develop menus and standard food recipes which will be in accordance with market trends and will meet the needs of the guests.
- To monitor staffing levels and ensure that working schedules are in line with revenue and according to business levels and appropriately control labor costs.
- To monitor and check market needs and trends, as well as price fluctuations of food and other ingredients and ensure that food and other costs are efficiently controlled.
- To demonstrate thorough knowledge and ability in the prompt execution of all recipes and service steps in all kitchens and all areas during operational hours.
- To ensure through continuous training that his subordinates understand all recipes, ingredients, origins, combinations, methods of preparation of all food dishes and menus served and their duties are carried out in accordance with the pre-set procedures.
- To comply with Cyprus legislation and be conversant and act in accordance with any such matters relating to your department.
- To ensure that all employees are treated with respect, fairly and consistently as outlined in the terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and Hotel policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Culinary apprenticeship and degree from a highly recognized Gastronomic Institution
- Minimum ten years of professional hotel experience in progressively higher supervisory position as well as at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position of a reputable international standard 5-star hotel.
- Successful track-record of managing highly profitable kitchen operations, introducing, maintaining, and upgrading to the highest culinary standards.
- Fluent in Greek and English languages.
- Computer literate and familiar with various programs like Word and Excel.
- Highest standards of honesty, integrity, politeness, discretion, fairness and approach.
- Record of continuous personal further development and education.
- Pleasant and friendly personality, highly self-confident, self-motivated, goal-orientated, competitive, results-driven and creative professional.
- Superior qualities of leadership and management, with additional organizational and analytical skills.
- Creative problem-solver and implementer of ideas.
- Culturally sensitive and adaptable.
- Excellent team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hard working, thriving for constant consistent service excellence, and able to withstand pressure.
- Holder of an EU passport
- Competitive salary according to skills and experience.
- Private medical insurance plan.
- 5-day working week
- Provision of bonus
If this sounds like you please fill the form below.
All applications will be treated with strictly confidence. CVs and personal data will keep secured and will only be stored for current or future employment purposes.
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered and contacted.