The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for the management and supervision of all building related systems and the building envelop to ensure the safety of hotel guests, team members and vendors. The new member will ensure the compliance with company Engineering Assumptions.
- Implement and schedule property and equipment preventive maintenance programs in compliance with corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations.
- Prioritize service requests; schedule and monitor the service performed to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and convenience.
- Test and examine the life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Monitor utility consumption to determine the effectiveness of current systems.
- Review purchase requests and monitor expenses budget to ensure goals are met/exceeded.
- Assist in the administration of the department by preparing and maintaining schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- College or university degree in engineering.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Two years previous experience in a similar position will be consider as big advantage.
- Must speak Greek & English very well.
- Pleasant and friendly personality, fair, honest reliable and polite.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
- Very good communication skills.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Pleasant and friendly personality, reliable and responsible.
- Competitive salary according to skills and experience.
- Strong collaborative and professional development environment