Traditional Pastelaki with a modern twist: enjoy the full recipe
28 Mar 2018
Forget about the traditional pastelaki you know. This time, we propose to you, not an ordinary pastelaki, but rather, an extraordinary one. Enjoy the full recipe!
Traditional Pastelaki Treats recipe – Serves: 8 to 10
1 cup sesame seeds
2 cups salted peanuts
1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
1/4 cup cane sugar
5 Tbsps honey
1/2 cup dried fruits
100 grams milk or dark chocolate
1) In a non-stick frying pan add the sesame seeds and toast for 3 – 4 minutes
2) Empty it in a heat resistant container.
3) Put the sugar and honey in the same frying pan over medium heat and mix
for 5 minutes. Add the nuts, sesame seeds and dried fruits and mix well until
the syrup is absorbed by the nuts and sesame seeds.
4) Place it in a non-stick tray and spread the mixture with an oily spatula or
alternatively your hands.
5) Set aside to cool.
6) Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the pastelaki once its cooled down