12 Mar 2020
Pursuant to the decision of the Government of Cyprus on the declaration of COVID-19 virus, a medical check will be implemented on the arrival to Cyprus travelling from countries / regions with intensive transmission of COVID-19 disease.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs recent press related, travellers who arrive in Cyprus and visited the countries / regions listed below by category within the last 14 days, they will be subject to a check-up including answering a questionnaire and having their temperature taken by the Ministry of Health relevant services upon arrival. If they have symptoms of the disease, a medical examination shall follow. In addition, the Ministry of Health has classified countries of origin and corresponding appropriate controls and measures as follows:
Category I: District of Hubei-China, Italy, Iran, Republic of Korea.
All guests that have stayed or travelled to the above countries/districts must enter isolation, under medical care/monitoring. For this purpose, the Cyprus Government provides dedicated accommodation facilities, in the mountains.
Category II: Rest of China Districts, Japan, Hong Kong, Germany, France, Spain, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Greece (only regions of Achaia and llleia Prefectures, Zakynthos).
All guests that have stayed or travelled to/from the above countries/districts, should self-isolate for 14 days (this also includes maintaining social distancing, following good hygiene practice, seeking promptly medical care in case any symptoms occur at tel. no. 1420).
Category III: All passengers arriving from Greece (excluding Achaea, llleia and Zakynthos areas), Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium and Singapore should be self-monitored and in case of symptoms contact the 1420 Call Center. Observing basic hygiene rules, restricting travel to the most necessary are advisable. According to the instructions of the Ministry of Health, all passengers in categories I and II will be directed to the airport medical office, while ship passengers will be confined to their cabin. It is emphasized that the above instructions do not apply to travellers traveling on transit flights unless they have stayed overnight in the intermediate station.
Related announcement by: https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/press/12032020_8.pdf
St Raphael Resort is in continual communication with the national authorities including the Ministry of Health, the Deputy Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to receive all necessary guidelines with regards to both precautionary or reactive measures.
The resort is taking every precaution in full compliance with all procedures provided for such situations. Safety of our guests and staff members is our hotel’s priority.
Additional measures developed in consultation with local public health authorities as follows:
• The frequency of cleaning in all public areas (including lobby, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) has been increased
• Antibacterial hand sanitizers have been placed in all public areas
• Ongoing briefings and enhanced operating instructions to staff members
• Food and beverage service adjustment according with current food safety recommendations
Given these unique circumstances, we re-considered our booking policies and we are pleased to offer you the following options:
• Existing Reservations: All "non-cancellable/non-refundable" (“Advanced Purchase”) reservations – that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020, can be changed up to 48 hours before your scheduled arrival. If a reservation is cancelled, a credit note will be issued equal to the value of the reservation for future use within 1 year from the date of cancellation.
• New Reservations: Any “non-cancellable/non-refundable” (“Advanced Purchase”) reservation you make – that are booked between today and April 30, 2020, for any future arrival date, can be changed up to 48 hours before your scheduled arrival. If a reservation is cancelled, a credit note will be issued equal to the value of the reservation for future use within 1 year from the date of cancellation.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the official St Raphael Resort website, please contact us via email at [email protected]. If you need to adjust reservations made via telephone or email, please contact us via email at [email protected]. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.
It is also noted that any information with regards possible incidents of coronavirus are solely handled by the Ministry of Health and Press Information Office. All related announcement, updates & instructions are available at https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/en/index.html